Friday, December 21, 2007

Picky Christmas Pics

Katelyn wanted to make our Christmas cards herself using stamps and paper so last Sunday we got the kids all dressed up in their church Christmas dress and decided to take pictures for our card. Because church is at 12:30 and we also had Tithing Settlement afterwards, we started the ordeal about 4:30. Carlee fell asleep during Priesthood meeting for about 15 minutes so needless to say, she was extremely hungry and tired. Joe had them set up in the living room the way he wanted and I was doing the goofy ridiculous dances, actions, and words to make them laugh. We got one blurry picture of all of them genuinely smiling (not looking at the camera, though) before Carlee pulled her hairbow out, kicked off her shoes, and turned on the waterworks. Because I am ridiculous and wanted perfect smiles, perfect outfits, and perfect children for a perfect card, the pics weren't good enough so we did head cut-outs for our Christmas card. They aren't perfect either but at least everyone is smiling their best smiles. Looking at these now after a few days of not checking out their every detail, they actually make me smile and I should have used some of them separately. Oh well. Next year.

Our best but blurry picture

Carlee is done and the others can't straighten their mouths.

My two perfect picture posers

My never-fails-to-make-me-laugh show-off

4 comments:

QB Family said...

Very Cute Pics!!! They show all their personalities, you can't get more "perfect" than that!

Cassie said...

So cute! I love that they match! I hear you on trying to get good pictures. I had to draw eyes on my hand and have it talk to my kids while I was trying to snap pictures...and Mailee was falling off Addison's lap...anyway, I think you were pretty successful!

The Seaquist Family said...

I am laughing in a little too much agreement. I find myself giving in to using a "non-perfect" picture every year. You aren't alone in your need for perfection. My Dad always says my kids look unnaturally clean, which always makes me laugh.

Becca said...

Your girls' dresses are darling!