You know your husband has been deployed too long when...
-He doesn't recognize his own wife's voice
-He thinks his own bed is a hole
-He talks about "civilians"
Tonight Joe crashed into bed around 7:00 p.m. I put the kids to bed and went in our room to put some things away. When I opened our bedroom door, I startled him and he sat up immediately in the completely dark. This conversation was too funny so I just had to post it:
Joe: "I need to get out of here! What is going on? Where am I?"
Kristen: "You're in your bed. Where do you think you are?"
Joe: "This place is a hole. There's got to be a better place to sleep than in here!"
Kristen: "You're in your own bed. It's not that bad."
Joe: "Who are you?"
Kristen: "It's Kristen. Who do you think I am?"
Joe: "Well, I know you're a female by the sound of your voice but I don't know."
Kristen: "Honey, you're home and in your own bed."
Joe: "I've got to see if some civilian flights can get me out of here. This place is a hole!"
Then he fluffed his pillow, laid back down on his stomach and stopped talking. It was so funny and I was laughing my head off and trying to keep the conversation going but he zonked back out. Thank heavens my husband is home. I don't know how much more of Bagram he could take!
4 comments:
That's hilarious! He really was ready to come home but I guess reality hasn't set in.
That is so funny!! It sounds just like something Joe would do.
Ok, that made me laugh so hard. Poor guy. Guess he really was doing everything he could to get out of the "hole".
that is hilarious! i am so glad your hubby is home now.
Post a Comment