Monday, December 28, 2009

Super Six Year Old



Jacob turned six years old on November 22nd. He really wanted to have a birthday party with friends, but due to the move and Thanksgiving only 4 days later, he was a really sweet sport in settling for a family birthday party. He said, "It's okay, Mom. I'm the first one to have a birthday in our new house and that's pretty cool!" For his birthday dinner, he chose to have sushi (I know, only my crazy 6-year-old would choose that) so we got that on Saturday night and then ate his favorite meal of lasagna on his Sunday birthday. He loved the Transformers cake we ordered and enjoyed opening some spy gear presents--a utitlity belt with a laser tripwire, an invisible ink pen, and a disc shooter gun, and some night-vision goggles. He also got the Toy Story Mania Wii game and some baseball slippers. He was pretty excited about his spy gear and as I entered his room to tuck him in at bedtime, I walked into the laser tripwire and the alarm went off. He started laughing his head off because I walked into his trap. Then he gave me a big hug, thanked me for the "best birthday ever" and kissed me good night.





Our favorite things about Jake:
*He loves sushi
*He loves to play
*He loves to snuggle
*He likes to stay home instead of running errands or playing with friends
*He likes to teach Carlee about school stuff--reading, math, numbers, letters, etc.
*He likes to hang out with his big brother and do what he does
*He has a great sense of humor
*He is full of energy
*He is all boy
*He loves his mom
*He likes to play with action figures and make sound effects
*He has a great imagination
*He keeps us laughing with his wit
*He loves to wrestle and run
*He is the best at posing for pictures with a nice smile when I say his name

We love you, Jake. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

BjandEm said...

Happy Birthday to Jake, but even more important....."Happy Birthday to you today Kristen!!!" I hope you are having a fun, fun day and that you have been treated like a queen! Only the best for you. Know I am thinking of you. May this coming year bring you great blessings!

QB Family said...

He's such a cute kid! Happy Birthday Jake!