One thing that is so awesome about Las Vegas are the parks. They are everywhere and they are the best--sand piles, twisty slides, tire swings, dinosaurs to climb on, butterflies to fly with, rock walls, baseball fields, sand volleyball courts, soccer fields, etc. Right now, the weather is beautiful, especially in the evenings. So on one late Friday afternoon we headed to the park to play with friends. My friends and I have started a photography group to discuss tips and learn tricks to take perfect pictures of our kids so the park was the perfect place to practice. The younger kids swung on the swings, played in the sand, climbed on the ladders and slides, and ran on the grassy hills. The bigger girls played make-believe at one end of the park and we didn't see them the entire time.

Jen and I trying to figure out some trick on our camera
(I think I'm avoiding a sneeze...)

Me with my two pregnant friends, Andrea and Melissa

The PERFECT nose-pickin' picture
(To be used for blackmail at a later date)

The PERFECT happy sand-playing picture
Three hours later, we realized that everyone was getting hungry and not one of us had thought about dinner so we talked Geneva's husband, Jared, into picking up pizza for everyone. We had a pizza picnic right as the sun was setting and then the kids were tired, dirty, and ready for bed. Warm, quick baths and cozy covers put them right to sleep. I love evenings in the park!

These were the store owners at the end of the park:
Katelyn, a neighborhood friend, Mia, Hanna, and Aspen
No comments:
Post a Comment