Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Perfect Summer Day

We had the perfect day out on Lake Mead as a family. After packing some lunches and snacks for the day, we hit Jamba Juice for breakfast and had to make a stop at the base for some "work stuff". We didn't get out onto the water until just before noon and were worried that it would be busy with the holiday weekend but we were wrong. There were a few people putting their boats in at the same time but once we got out onto the water, we only saw 2-3 boats the entire afternoon. The water was perfect for swimming and skiing. It was a great way to finish up the weekend and reunite our family after a week apart.

TUBING

We kept getting mixed signals--
Clark wanted more speed, Jake wanted less, and
Kate was just holding on for dear life.


Giving them a ride for their money (Jake bailed before this)

Carlee's first time on the tube and she loved it

Just taking it easy

Now it's time to get more crazy

Dad and the boys

Dad and the girls


SKIING

I tried my hardest to slalom but couldn't make it completely up.
I need a personal trainer that doesn't have to drive the boat!
Hopefully I'll get it this summer so I can move on to wakeboarding.

Always up and at 'em

KNEEBOARDING

The kids love to kneeboard and Clark loves to perfect his tricks

Starting his 360 turn . . .

Halfway there . . .

He made it!

Crossing the wake

Kate's first time on the kneeboard this year.
Last year she was too nervous to try and
this year she couldn't get enough!

Way to go, sweetheart!

Jake tried for the first time this year too
and loved every second of it.
He announced that he would try a 360 next time.

I love that he smiles at everything he does!
Great job, Snake!

Even the parents get a little kneeboard action too.

And Carlee's face says it all!

3 comments:

QB Family said...

Looks like a TON of fun! When I get my nerve up we'll have to go!

Swasey Times said...

How Fun! Wish we could have gone with you.

Jen said...

Looks like so much fun. Such a cute blog!