Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

Joe was working over Conference weekend so the kids and I took off to St. George to hang with my sis and her kids.  We left after the Saturday morning soccer games, ate lunch on the way, and arrived mid-afternoon.  We met Steph and her kids at Krumpet's where we did some shopping and then headed over to Tai Pan.  All of the cute home decor stores were doing a Girl's Night Out while the men were at Priesthood Session so there were sales, refreshments, and give-aways.  Steph won a purse up to a $50 value and each of our children won a poster for their rooms by naming reindeer, counting to 10, or singing the alphabet.  Shopping was fun for the kids because they got to eat cookies, brownies, and win prizes.  Every store should do that!  We scored with a few cute things and then headed to Jumpin' Jacks for the kids to play.  It was pouring rain and our plan was the park but jumping for hours and sliding down inflatables are always a favorite so we still had a great time.  After about two hours of fun, we headed back to Steph's to make our own pizzas and watch "Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein".    After tucking the kids into bed, Steph and I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning re-arranging her front room and talking about anything and everything.  It is so much fun to have a sister close by! 
Carlee and Madisyn telling princess stories in the castle
Sunday morning we were to have a yummy brunch, watch the morning session of Conference, and then go for a drive up to Cedar Breaks to take fall pictures of the kids.  However, due to our lack of sleep, we opted to eat a yummy breakfast, stay in our pajamas all morning and watch Conference while the kids did their packets and colored.  During the afternoon session, we had a picnic on the floor and finished the Conference packets.  When everything was over, we loaded up and headed to the park where we took our fall pictures of the kids.  The weather was a little overcast and we were worried that it would rain on us, but it held out and the pictures turned out so cute.  (Those will be on a later post!)  We ate a quick dinner at Steph's after the park and then I drove home to get the kids to bed for school the next day.

It was a wonderful weekend and we really enjoyed the Conference talks.   I love being spiritually fed and getting the motivation I need to push myself and our family closer to the Lord and doing His will.  I am so blessed to be a member of His gospel and to have a living prophet that guides us today.  Joe and I have been discussing some issues that our children are facing that we never even heard about when we were their age and it worries me so.  I just pray that we can be righteous parents and bring our children up righteously in the gospel as well.  I hate to imagine what our lives would be without it.  The kids also enjoyed some wonderful speakers and talks, playing Conference BINGO with Skittles, and filling out their packets.  I LOVE CONFERENCE WEEKEND!

No comments: