Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mountain West Championships

We got tickets to the Mountain West Championship games held on Thursday at the Thomas and Mack Center.  Joe and I arranged a babysitter for Carlee and we headed to the Thursday afternoon game with the Chuggs, Whites, and Allreds.  BYU was playing TCU and they ended up winning in a close and exciting game 64-58.  It was a lot of fun.  We also had tickets for the rest of the day but due to our children's activities that afternoon and evening, we had to give them up.  The rest of the day included New Mexico beating Colorado State 67-61, San Diego State beating Utah 64-50, and UNLV beating Air Force 69-53. 

But as luck would have it, a friend in our ward called on Saturday morning with tickets to the championship game that evening.  Joe was out of town but I jumped at the chance to take my boys.  They have had a bit of Jimmer fever and I was excited to take them to see a game.  Melissa watched the girls and I took my boys on a date to see BYU play San Diego State.  They were thrilled and because Ken had box seats, we had a VIP parking pass and seats about 6 rows up.  It was so much fun.  Unfortunately the Cougars lost 54-72, but the boys enjoyed whooping and hollering for Jimmer.  We ate nachos and popcorn at the game and enjoyed some dinner on the way home.   What a fun date to be with my guys!





No comments: