Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Saturday night, Joe and I had our date night and gave the kids instructions to keep the house clean and picked up for Mother's Day so that we could have a nice enjoyable day on Sunday.  When we arrived home at about 11:00 p.m. we walked into the family room and saw this . . .
We immediately started laughing because this was the complete opposite of what I had asked for and the kids always have the house clean when we come home from our dates.  I had to take pictures because it was so extreme--forts, pillows, blankets, popcorn, soda, snacks, etc.  At least they were all in their pajamas!

Sunday morning, the kids got up early and cleaned up their fort from the night before.  They made me a delicious breakfast of German pancakes, fresh fruit and a "Clark Classic" smoothie.  And they showered me with a bunch of homemade cards and gifts.  Joe bought me a really pretty watch.  Clark wrote me a sweet letter and made a card.  Katelyn made me some bath salts, a coupon book, homemade flowers, and made a few cards.  Jake gave me a handprinted tile and a sweet note.  Carlee gave me a handprinted apron, letter, and found some earrings in my own jewelry box to wrap up and give me ;)
While we were getting ready for church and afterwards, Carlee took some random pictures so I had to throw those in too.  We had a great relaxing Sunday playing together and Joe made a delicious dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and salad.  I love my family so much and am grateful to be a wife and mother.  It is something that I have always looked forward to and enjoy every day.  I am grateful for the opportunity to stay at home and watch my children grow and catch every moment of their lives.  I have been blessed with amazing women in my life--moms, sisters, and friends that are true examples of love, service, compassion, and experience.  They help me along my own way and show the world that motherhood is important and a blessing.  Happy Mother's Day!
 

No comments: