Joseph, Joe, Honey, Babe, and Sexy but never Joey. He is my forever valentine, the father of my children, the greatest husband, and my best friend. I love this man with all my heart. We have been together almost 11 years and it keeps getting better and better.
Joe is quite the guy. First of all, he is the smartest man I have ever met. He knows and remembers things like you wouldn't believe. He loves trivia and research. If he has a question about something, he will research it until he finds the answer. He is a very logical thinker and has reasons for everything. I make decisions based on feelings and emotions and he makes them based on logic and fact. He is always right, really. His reasons make sense and I can't argue with that.
He always makes me laugh. Whether it is goofy mannerisms, funny mistakes or trying to distract me, I end up laughing or trying to hide my smile. If I am stressed out or frustrated, he makes some joke or comment, wrestles and tickles me, throws me over his shoulder or does some funny dance moves. I can never keep a straight face or stay frustrated, for that matter. He helps me realize that there's no reason to get upset but just to take it one day at a time. The house cleaning can wait. We can always go out to dinner if we're out of time. And the kids will eventually fall asleep when they get completely exhausted.
He is completely whipped. He loves me so much and shows me all the time just by coming home at the end of the day. He could stay at work and dictate charts. He could go work out at the gym. He could go golfing or out to dinner with work buddies but he doesn't. He gets his work done as quickly as possible and comes straight home to be with us. That is what I admire most and why I love him the most. We come first. I knew that I had Joe wrapped around my finger when we first started dating. He would visit me at work when he was bored. He would talk to me for hours on the phone. He would go find me if I wasn't home when I was supposed to be. He would walk me to my classes every morning and study with me in the evenings. When I was working, going to school, and living at home, he hung out with my family even when I wasn't there. He gave my sisters dating advice. He built boats and lit them on fire while sailing them down the ditch with my little brother. Yeah, he's whipped and I am so grateful he is.
Some fun facts about Joe:
**He loves shoes
**He loves chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream
**He loves video games
**He is a sports stud (at least he used to be). He's still good but now he watches it more than plays. There's just not enough time and he wants to just relax after his long hours.
**He likes to go out to eat.
**He likes to go to the outlet malls
**He enjoys shopping (I know. What a lucky girl I am!)
**He is really good at "Dancing with the Stars" WII game
**He enjoys building things and doing home improvement projects and is really talented at that.
**He enjoys remote controlled cars and airplanes
**He loves falling asleep in the middle of the family room on the floor with the kids yelling and climbing all over him
**His favorite stores are Costco, Lowe's, and Target
**He secretly wants to be in a boy band
**He likes James Bond movies
**He just likes to be with me and our kids. We don't get together with many people because we just like to be together
**He loves to watch TV
All in all, I married the best guy and I'm so glad he's mine. Thanks for being my forever valentine, babe, and for loving me so much. I love you forever.
4 comments:
He almost sounds like Jake. Go figure, like father, like son!
You made me cry!! You are such an amazing person. Thanks for sharing. He is a lucky man to have you and it seems he knows it!!
Patsy
Im so excited to have found your blog. Your kids are so big. Your Christmas card was so cute. Sorry we did not send one out this year. Where are you moving to this summer?
Oh, what a cute wife you are! I don't know Joe that well, but it sounds like you have a great relationship...something I think I already knew. You can tell, you know. I'm happy you have such great valentines!
Post a Comment