Friday night the kids and I were discussing the extracurricular activities they might be interested in this year and I was looking over the classes and sports available through the community recreation center. I was throwing out suggestions and the kids were choosing their favorites. I suggested karate to Jake and this was his reply:
"I love soccer, Mom!"
"Remember last time though, Jake? You just ran across the field and dilly-dallied without listening to the coach."
"But I won't dilly anymore. I'll be a good listener and make good choices this time!"
"How about trying a karate class? You'd be great at that and you've never done it before."
"No! I don't want to do that!"
"Why not?"
"Because . . . (tears welling up in his eyes) Because I can't hit and break the wood! It hurts my hand. Me and Clarky tried in our garage in San Antonio before we moved and I couldn't do it!"
So I guess Jake is still deciding what he is interested in but as far as the others, we are set!
No comments:
Post a Comment