Saturday, October 11, 2008

Conference Cousins

We had visitors for General Conference! Grandma and Grandpa Stuart, Aunt Marci, and Owen came down for the weekend bringing lots of fun and lots of meat and peaches. They arrived on Friday evening and after a tour of our house by our ecstatic children and a quick dinner, we left the kids with a babysitter and went to the show, KA, by Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand. It was awesome. The story is about imperial twins who are separated at the prime of their youth and undergo a journey of self-discovery and coming of age. They encounter KA, the fire that has the dual power to destroy or illuminate. I actually loved the stage even more than the story. It was a floating stage that moved and turned in every direction while the actors performed. It was amazing--up, down, around, vertical, and diagonal.

On Saturday we tried to listen to the morning session of General Conference. I say "tried" because it was more difficult with company. Everyone wanted to talk and play and snooze ;). Clark and Katelyn did just fine with their conference activity books but Jake lost interest and played in the playroom with his action figures and Owen and Carlee just wandered around getting into food and toys. Marci, Grandma, and I were chatting a little bit and entertaining kids and Grandpa was dozing off . . . I mean "listening with his eyes closed". (It's okay, we were out late the night before.) When that session was over, Joe got home from work and we headed downtown to the Hofbrauhaus for a German lunch. It was tasty and very filling. We all enjoyed it as the band was playing German polka music, people were toasting with their beer steins, and everyone was yelling German chants while toasting. We then headed home for a quick swim before Joe and Grandpa went to priesthood meeting and the ladies and kids went to the Dinosaur Park. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time.

Eating at the Hofbrauhaus

Playing at the Dinosaur Park
Sunday we had a great breakfast, watched Conference, had a great dinner and just relaxed for the day. Grandpa, Grandma, Joe, Marci and Owen went to visit Grandpa's aunt for a little while and had a good time seeing her. I stayed home with the kids and played Speed.

All in all, it was a great weekend and we love having visitors. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for the fun visit and yummy things you brought. We love you and appreciate all you do for us. Thanks, Marci, for visiting us without your hubby, and Owen, for playing with Carlee and sharing toys. We love you guys too and can't wait to meet Owen's new brother in a few weeks.

Owen and Carlee, just 2 weeks apart
Heading for the "terrible two's"

2 comments:

Jen A. said...

Yeah, I found your blog through the "Swasey Times"! What a great weekend. You'll have to tell us more about the german restaurant, my dad served his mission is germany as well, and I know would love it! You're blog is darling!

The Schofields said...

Hey there! Darling family! Here's my email: kendraschofield@comcast.net.
I have company too! Frank's parents are here for a month to help out with the baby, my parents are a little miffed that they're staying for so long, but what can you do?! I'll let you know when little Maleah arrives. Take care!