Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Grandma's Barber Shop

Unfortunately for me, I did not inherit a "haircutting" gene. I tried to cut Clark's hair several years ago when he was about 2 or 3 and I just butchered the whole thing so I've never tried again. I can trim with scissors but I can't use the electric clippers.

Fortunately for me, however, Joe did get that gene from his mom. He does an excellent job on our boys and even does a great job on his own. (Although during his latest haircut, he got a little too excited and shaved the whole thing off, using baldness as an excuse) So since my boys were looking a little scruffy, I asked my mother-in-law to cut their hair.

Clark enjoys getting a haircut because he likes to style it and make it spikey. Those little prickly hairs always tickle his neck though and he really starts to wiggle at the end.


Jake likes getting his hair cut too, until the clippers turn on. Then his tears also turn on, and the wailing, crying, wiggling, and screaming. He even hunches over as far as he can so his shoulders will cover his head. I thought he only acted like that for Joe but it was not to be. As soon as Grandma turned on the clippers, Jake's hysteria turned on as well. She has a lot more patience than my husband so there was a lot more smiling and giggling and a lot less yelling during this haircut.


Don't they look handsome? Maybe I can get their yearly pictures done now. Thanks, Grandma!!

1 comment:

Danielle Christiansen said...

love that second to last picture. Kids are tough! Putting a tv in my salon was the best thing I ever did. it keeps their mind off f the haircut.