Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just Peachy


I had my first experience bottling peaches and I must say that I am proud of myself for finally doing it. I have wanted to bottle fruit for several years but unfortunately didn't find the time or means to make it possible. A couple of my friends were ordering peaches from Utah so I jumped on the bandwagon and got it done. Melissa came over and helped me peel and cut them (thank you so much!) and we were on the road to success. Twenty-four quarts later the peaches actually look pretty good and just like my mom's did when I ate them as a child. My only mistake is that they aren't as sweet as I'd like but they are still tasty and the kids are gobbling them up! Now I need to find more fruit...

1 comment:

jcwilles said...

Mmmmmm...We just opened a bottle of the pears that we just did and they are so sweet and yummy! I didn't get enough to trade this year. Maybe next year when I plant my pear, peach, and plum trees!