Thursday, December 16, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic

Carlee started begging for a birthday party about 4 months before her actual birthday.   She and I had talked of several ideas and decided on a teddy bear picnic.   The time kept getting away from us and we had decided that it was just not going to happen this year.  But because my sweetheart is so cute, determined, and came up with some fun ideas, we threw together a last-minute teddy bear picnic during this crazy and over-scheduled time of year.  I had a darling idea for an invitation but alas, I sent out an e-vite to six of her little friends. 

The kids were out of school so Carlee's friends came over late morning for a picnic lunch on the family room floor, games of "Throw Your Teddy Bear and Catch!", musical chairs, freeze dance, and a teddy bear fashion show.  Although it was thrown together at the last-minute, all went well and the girls had a great time.  They loved doing all of the activities with their favorite bears or stuffed animals.  The favorite game was the fashion show as they dressed and re-dressed their bears in Build-A-Bear clothes and strutted their stuff down the hallway.  


Carlee chose the menu of bear-shaped PB&J sandwiches, apples, string cheese, chips, and CapriSuns.  She also picked chocolate teddy bear cupcakes and vanilla ice cream.  Carlee was so excited to have her first party and kept giving all the girls hugs and wishes when they bopped her on the head with their gifts.  The girls took home a mini picnic basket with a mini stuffed bear, teddy grahams, and gummy bears (and I missed the pic on that one).  It was a great little party and Carlee said it was the best ever.  I'm glad that my parties don't have to be extravagant for kids to have a great time and be grateful.  That may be how it's done in the Stuart household from now on.

1 comment:

Martin Family said...

This party looks like a blast. I told Geneva I may have to start photoshopping my children in pictures as well. (I know that I have problems.) Somehow it makes me feel better. Miss you guys, STILL.