Tuesday, April 5, 2011

General Conference

For General Conference this spring, I put together some buckets with semi-annual coloring/writing packets and some favorite snacks for the kids.  We also played a different version of Conference Bingo in which they would get a little something every time they heard a particular word that we had chosen.  It was something different and it helped the kids pay a little more attention to the speakers. 
The Conference Buckets full of fun and food!
 Special words to listen for:   
SCRIPTURE STUDY (Cheez-its), SERVICE (Cinnamon Life), TITHING (Tootsie Rolls), PRAYER (Pretzels), JESUS CHRIST (Gummy Life Savers), and PREPAREDNESS (Grapes)

Sometimes it's hard for me to listen because I'm helping them spell words, answer questions, or keep from talking but I love that they enjoy listening and try really hard to pay attention.  We look forward to spending the day in our pajamas, not doing our hair, eating yummy finger foods, and listening to the teachings of the Lord.  I also love reading the talks later to better understand the details of what we need to know.  I know that President Monson and his apostles speak for the Lord and I love feeling the spirit of their testimonies.

1 comment:

jcwilles said...

The bucket idea is cute. I didn't plan anything this time, just printed out the packets for the kids and they were very disappointed that I didn't make tents and have "Ammon Arms" ready for their snack! (Cheetos)