I love to listen to my children play on Sunday afternoons. Most of the time they get along really well and will play together. They have Kids' Club meetings, play school, play board games, and use their imaginations.
One game that I enjoy is when they tie their belts around a stuffed animal's head like a leash and walk them all around the house. They play with their animals and pretend they are real pets. They even get out small pieces of crackers and water bowls to feed them.
One afternoon, the boys were playing with Legoes and the girls were playing together while I was blogging. Kate and Carlee each had their American Girl dolls in a stroller with purses on their shoulders, pretend phones to their ears, and my high heels on. I was secretly listening to their conversation . . .
K: "Let's meet at the Armadillo Restaurant by the Eiffel Tower. You will love the crepes in Paris!"
C: "OK. Just text me and I'll come."
(They arrive at the "restaurant" (dining room table) and start their meal.)
C: "I had all my babies at the same time."
K: "Wow! That was fast!"
C: "Yeah, I was so fat I couldn't even make dinner!"
K: "They are so cute."
C: "I know."
K: "Did you know our husbands work together?"
C: "Yes, I know that."
K: "Chad came home from work and said that he had talked to . . . what's your husband's name again?"
C: "Matt."
K: "Oh, ya. Chad said that he talked to Matt and they are friends at work."
C: "That's funny."
Yes, that is funny. I was laughing so hard. I love moments like this. They make me so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment