Monday, October 10, 2011

This Child Never Ceases to Amaze Me

Just when I think I'm in the clear from some typical craziness of young children--putting on makeup, cutting your own hair, painting your house and furniture with fingernail polish, putting things in electrical outlets, drinking/eating something poisonous, etc. that my other three children never did! my little sweet youngest daughter never ceases to amaze me.

Saturday night she had her bath, brushed her teeth, we read stories, and I tucked her into bed.  I noticed her hair was a little ratty but I thought it was just twisted funny as she lay on her pillow.  I kissed her good night, turned off the lights, and left her to fall asleep.

Sunday morning we had breakfast, Joe left for church early with the boys and I was just starting on Carlee's hair.  As I started combing it, I noticed a big clump that the comb wouldn't go through.  As I looked more closely I noticed a nice juicy soft piece of white gum.  Lovely.  I had about 15 minutes before I had to leave for church.  I still had to get on my shoes, pack my bag, and now de-gum Carlee's hair.  We started working through it with the peanut butter a few strands at a time, slowly from the top of the wad to the bottom of her hair strands.  About 10 minutes later, it was almost completely out and I thought I could comb the rest out gently.  Back to the tub to wash her hair.  I combed through her clean and gum-free hair and quickly pulled it back into a braid.  Into the car and off to church!
She even got to snack a little bit while she sat there!

No comments: