Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We're Dorky, Uh Huh, Uh Huh!

We watched Aspen Allred over a weekend while her parents went up to St. George.  This girl made me laugh so hard that I had a stomachache and headache from all my crying.  I was glad to get rid of her just so that my cheeks would stop hurting and I could feel normal again!  She was a joy to have with us for a couple of days--well-mannered, laid-back and casual with no strong opinions, and totally comfortable with our family and in our home.  It was fun to get to know her better.  She and Katelyn are in the same class at school but don't get to see each other that often outside of class so it was great that Jen asked us to keep her for a few days.  In fact, at one point, she even said she was changing her name to Stuart.  Sorry, Darin and Jen, you might be losing your oldest daughter!
On Sunday afternoon, the girls were really hyper and went totally crazy with their creativity.  I can't remember what I fed them for lunch but I'm never giving that to them again.  Aspen and Katelyn got dressed up with 11 socks on each foot and made up some song with actions called, "We're Dorky, Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh!"  We videotaped it and they sang it all afternoon.  Then Aspen did some serious modern dance moves and booty shaking for Joe and me.  No embarrassment whatsoever in front of her friend's father!  And Joe got the giggles too as she was flailing herself about the couches and floor with a modern dance twist.  I was crying so hard that I didn't get any pictures or video of it but the images are definitely burned inside my brain.  I'm wondering where her talents and charisma come from?!?  Darin?  Anyway, love this girl!  Jen, thanks for letting us keep her for a few days!

1 comment:

Jen A. said...

You are so great, I'm so glad you got some pic's and documented those fun memories! She loves the Stuart's, in fact, tonight she was begging to have you over for dessert, but I was feeling a little low energy and sore from my 1/2 marathon yesterday:( But one of these nights, we need to have the Stuarts over!! Thanks for having her that weekend, she had an absolute blast, if you couldn't tell:) Thanks for being such awesome friends, we r going to miss you!!