Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jubilee of Trees

We attended the Jubilee of Trees in St. George to kick off the holiday season.  I remember going to the Festival of Trees in the Salt Palace when I was a kid.  There were rows and rows of trees and I would ooohh and aaahh over each one and always pick a favorite.  Because I had such fond memories of the festival and I knew they had one just 90 minutes north, I have always had this on my list of things to do but it has never worked out until this year.  We didn't have anything scheduled on Saturday so we jumped at the invitation from my sis.  My parents were coming down for the weekend as well so it was fun to see them for the day.  Clark and Katelyn stayed home due to commitments with friends so we enjoyed taking the younger two.  It was nice to spend some time with Jake and Carlee and we all got to ride in the "little car".  

We went to Jim and Steph's and waited for them to get back from the temple.  When they arrived a few minutes later, we hit a Chinese buffet for lunch before stopping at Costco to load up on my loaves of bread that I can only get in Utah (Grandma Sycamore's--YUM!).  Then we headed to the Dixie Center for the Jubilee.  There were rows of trees but not as many as I had remembered or imagined.  There was also a cute little gingerbread display, booths of activities for the children, and handmade crafts and goodies.   Honestly, I was a little bit disappointed that the venue wasn't completely filled to the brim with beautifully decorated trees but as always, my imagination and expectations are greater than the end result and I am slowly getting used to this reality.  However, it was a fun little outing and I did end up loving some of the themed trees.
 Jake's favorite was this Lego tree.
 I had to take pictures of these trees for Katelyn.  She is obsessed with anything related to Paris!
 And here is a Hunger Games-themed tree just for Clark.  The cornucopia is very clever.
 The Dr. Suess-themed trees were really fun--the Grinch and the Lorax
 I loved this Peppermint tree and this cute gingerbread house.  The details were amazing!
 Carlee's favorite, Angel Tree in silver and gold
 Carlee and Madi also liked the Madagascar-themed tree
After the Jubilee of Trees, we grabbed some frozen yogurt and hit the outlets really quick to look for a jacket for Joe.  He was successful in his stop and then we headed home to meet up with our other two.   All in all, it was a great kick-off to holiday traditions.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I have to get Grandma Sycamores every time I'm in St. George too!! The jubilee there used to be bigger but over time it's gotten smaller but still fun :)