Thursday, January 10, 2013

Another Birthday Celebration and a Surprise

Since Joe wasn't able to come to Utah and I didn't have any gifts to open on my birthday, we celebrated on the weekend as a family. 
 Katelyn made a cute birthday banner with chalkboard paper.
 
 Joe and Katelyn designed some custom headphones for me.  Woot woot!
 I was a little skeptical about this present.  No ideas or thoughts on what it could be . . .
 It's a gorgeous tennis bracelet.  Joe doesn't usually buy me jewelry so I was very surprised.
 And we are tired of making bread the old-fashioned way so we are going back to a breadmaker.  Supposedly it's a good one!
Dinner was at Panera and then we went Cosmic Bowling.  We had a great time and I was the lucky bowler in that I got my highest score ever in my second game!  Yay!

A few days later, on Wednesday, January 9th, I got another birthday surprise.  My friend, Amber, had invited me to a birthday lunch and I was excited to go and just hang with her since we rarely get to do that.  She picked BJ's Restaurant (one of my favorites) and I met her there since she had an "appointment" in the morning.  We were following the waitress in and just talking with her so I wasn't really paying attention when all of the sudden to my right, I heard, "Surprise!"  All of my sweet friends were sitting down at a big long table.  Of course, I started to tear up as I hugged and thanked them all for coming.  It was so sweet and I felt very special and honored that they would all come to surprise me.   Melissa and Amber were the planning conspirators and it was incredible that they completely shocked me.  I had no idea and they had been sweating over the plan by telling me lies, changing restaurant locations, and hiding group texts from me.  It was the best surprise ever and I had a smile on my face the rest of the afternoon.   Love these dear friends of mine!  Thank you so much!
Jana, Amber, me, Melissa, Kelly, Julie, Jackie, Jen, Kara, Ami, JaCoy, Missy, and Marquessa
 Blowing out the candle on my birthday cheesecake with sneaky conspirator, Melissa 
(and Kelly peeking over her shoulder)
 After cheesecake, they brought me a birthday Pazookie!  I could not even eat it!
Amber, the other sneaky conspirator.

No comments: