It has been a crazy couple of weeks in our home. A week ago last Friday Joe had orders in hand and was scheduling the movers to come pack and move us when he got a phone call to come back and discuss PCS assignments. They were thinking of sending him to Korea for a one year unaccompanied tour. He came home sick to his stomach and told me the news. The only way Joe wouldn't go was if another resident volunteered instead. So we were on pins and needles all last week discussing our options and wondering what the decision would be. On Friday morning, we got the word that the other chief did volunteer and that we will still be going to Las Vegas. We are so grateful for his decision and can now start the house hunt.
Then on Friday afternoon, our realtor called and said that our home buyers unexpectedly got military orders for Colorado and had to back out of the contract. Thus, our house is back on the market. It is really disappointing since there is only a few weeks left before graduation and we were already geared up to be out of our house and living out of suitcases for a few weeks. But oh well, crazier things have happened. It keeps us on our toes and makes life interesting.
4 comments:
Military life is so unpredictable! I am sorry for your stress. Hopefully you can sell your beautiful house quickly and feel like things are in order again. Good luck
I am so sorry Kristen. We will keep your home and family in our prayers.
I must say I have been SO impressed at your positive attitude through all of this stress! I mean, you told me these stories at church with a smile! You really have a great quality of being an optimistic, non-complaining person. Thanks for your example.
Ok that is insane...gotta love the military life! I'm so glad you'll still get to go to Vegas and be together.
I'll keep my fingers crossed your house sells fast. I always tell Sean that any couple that survives residency AND a PCS has a pretty solid marriage.
Post a Comment