#2--SOLD! Our house is out of the contract period and ready to go. After some emotional days last week fighting over decorative shelves, drapes, the inspection report, and searching for a home for a family of six for 5 weeks, all is well and we are just about through with this selling process. Yes, I am attached to some window treatments and shelves, not wanting to give them up so there were some ridiculous tears and irrational behavior on my part. Joe was willing to give me unlimited funds to redecorate a new house just to get me to calm down and be more kind to the new buyers. But again, everything has worked out like we knew it would and we are truly blessed. Joe is frantically trying to get orders in the next week so the military can pack and move us in two. We will be house hopping and staying with friends until we get into the TLF and the kids finish school. Then we'll hang out for another week after graduation for Joe to finish up loose ends and have his special graduation dinner. Then we're off!
We can't believe how the time has flown the last 5 years. It has been wonderful here and we've met many wonderful people but unfortunately, being in the military, you realize that time is short and temporary. We get to take good memories and friendships with us and the understanding that our lives have been blessed by these and we will never forget them.
6 comments:
Yay! I already told Jay to save some vacation time cause we're coming to see you in the fall! It'll be a party in Vegas, baby!
Hey, I went private on my blog so you need to email me your email at simkinsmarci@yahoo.com so i can add you!! I cant wait for you to move closer! Hope everything else is going good for you guys!
Marci
How sad for us, but I'm excited for you. I hear the Bodily's are moving there too. It's going to be more like a homecoming than anything with the Aikeles and probably a bunch of others too. Congratulations! I hope that someday I'll be posting something similar! :)
That is so exciting. You will love being closer to your family and you are already use to the heat.
Kristen, Not sure if you remember us, the Lamborns, I have been a lurker on your blog. We too will be in Vegas. Brett will be there this summer and the kids and I will be there off and on during the summer. Then he is back to Cleveland for one more year of school and hopefully we will be back in the summer of 09 for a real job!
That is so awesome you guys got your first pick. I have a great friend that is moving there from New Mexico this summer, too. I hope the move goes well...we are in the thick of it right now too, so I am feeling your excruciating pain! I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it when I'm 20 minutes from the sugar-white beaches. :)
Congrats on the house selling so fast and all the fun that is in store for your family. Good luck!
Post a Comment