Friday, November 7, 2008

My Baby Girl

My sweet and incredibly talented friend, Melissa, took these pictures of Carlee one day for fun when she was babysitting her and I have been wanting to post them because I love how they turned out and I need to journal a little bit about her for my memory's sake.

I can't believe that my baby is growing up. She will be 2 years old next month and it is so crazy. I am actually going through this thinking phase where I'm freaking out because all my babies are growing up. I want to freeze time. (Well, actually I want time to continue for about 3 more years. I don't want any more diapers to change and I want Clark to be 12 and Jake to be baptized.) I have been feeling this way because all of our birthdays are between September and December. And of course, I reminisce about carrying and giving birth to these sweethearts and the fun memories of them growing from developing babies to curious toddlers to energetic young ones to a little more independent older children, trying to let go but don't quite want to.


They still blow me kisses, wave goodbye and yell, "I love you!" when I drop them off at school. They still follow me around to make sure I'm close by. Their sweet faces light up when I surprise them at school for lunch or volunteering. They still want me to read them bedtime stories and tuck them in. They still love to snuggle on the couch with me during movies. They still think I'm pretty and dress cute ;) They still think I'm fun, cool, and have good ideas. Although it is challenging, busy, and sometimes stressful because they still need me so much, it is so rewarding and incredibly worth it when I get those kisses, hugs, and snuggles.

Carlee has especially been attached to me lately. But it is actually kind of cute. I tell her to go play but her reply is always, "I help Mommy." She loves to help me with dishes, laundry, and vacuuming. She brings me a book and when I'm done reading it, she yells, "The End! Another story?" Since the kids started back to school this week, I've been taking advantage of them being gone and doing some Christmas shopping so instead of taking a nap, she has been hauled around to different stores when Jake is at preschool. Yesterday I went to put her in the car to pick up Jake and she was so mad because she wanted "another store." Carlee loves to walk and look at things and is actually really good at "looking with her eyes, not her hands." She likes to carry around purses, put on Katelyn's makeup, and push her baby in the stroller. She loves holding my hand and sitting on my lap. She especially loves to talk on the phone. When she isn't talking to an aunt, grandma or Daddy, she'll hold it on her shoulder and jabber, laughing and throwing her head back. It is so funny to watch. Carlee has an amazing vocabulary and is a fantastic talker for not even being 2 yet. She loves to talk and ask questions about things. She loves when Daddy comes home and runs to him with the biggest hugs and kisses. She likes to play with my hair and put her cheek next to mine with her arms tightly around my neck.

Carlee is very spunky and independent. She wants to be a big girl and tells me, "I do it" and "Lahlee's turn." She has the cutest run with big back-and-forth arms, straight legs, and wiggling hips. I make her run to me just so I can smile and get a giggle. This girl can eat too. She loves food and taking "just one bite" of everyone else's. She has a major sweet tooth and will climb on anything to get what she wants. My ears are tuned to the chairs being pushed around the kitchen floor and I always come running.

One of my favorite things about Carlee (and I still need to take a picture of this) is the way she sleeps. When we moved to Vegas, we got rid of the crib and put her in a big bed (twin). During the first week she kept falling out of bed during the night so she wouldn't sleep in her bed. She would grab her pillow, blanket, and baby and lay on the floor. When we finally bought a bedrail and showed her that she wouldn't fall out, she started sleeping in her bed. The funny thing about her sleeping is that she wads up her blanket into a ball and puts it under her belly and pelvis as she lays on her tummy. I can't imagine that being comfortable but she will toss and turn until that blanket is balled up just right before she falls asleep. I also have to lay her baby right next to her with her own blanket, kiss and hug them both and tell them "Sweet Dreams" before she'll go to sleep. Carlee is actually the best at staying in her bed when it's bedtime too so that is amazing too.



Clark, Katelyn, and Jacob can't get enough of her and she loves to play with them just as much. Although she is a "Mama's Girl", it just doesn't feel right when they are all at school. She asks about them all day long and is so excited when they are home. She loves it when they play with her and involve her in their clubs, plays, and shows. Carlee watches them in awe and loves the attention when she does something cute and they laugh. We are so grateful for this little munchkin. She has the most darling personality and sometimes I wonder where she comes from but she definitely brings something unique and fun to our family. We love our baby girl to pieces. Thanks for being you, Coco!

4 comments:

QB Family said...

Aaaawwwhhhh! So sweet! Now I am totally sold on having Melissa take my family pictures - maybe next weekend? If she is available. Those pics of Carlee are so adorable!

The Seaquist Family said...

Isn't she a doll. Two. Enough said there. I am feeling the two myself. So sweet and such a stinker all wrapped into one! Sounds like you guys are loving Vegas. Glad it has all worked out. I can't believe you have four kids! I still remember you moving into the ward in your red dress every Sunday when you were pregnant with Clark. Time flies doesn't it!

Jen A. said...

way cute pic's! Melissa did a great job!

Liz said...

Kristen, I can't believe how grown-up she is!! What sweet kids you have!