Every Sunday after the kids are ready for church and they pass my inspection, I tell them to get their scripture bags and get in the car. A few weeks ago, Carlee was the last one out to the car and as I was telling her to hurry she was yelling from upstairs that she needed her own church bag and was getting it ready.
We arrive to church and the kids are sitting quietly through the sacrament. After the deacons sit down with their families, Carlee climbs off my lap and picks up her purse and walks over to sit on Joe's lap. I am busy listening to the speakers and keeping the other children quiet and a few minutes later, she is back on my lap holding her bag. She starts pulling things out of it one by one and showing them to me. As I'm looking through her items, I start laughing and I look over at Joe and he is laughing his head off. We are trying not to make a scene but her church bag was quite hilarious and apparently very necessary. At least this girl is prepared for anything.
Here is her list of important items:
*A Littlest Pet Shop dog
*An old pair of sandals
*3 board books including shapes, colors, and numbers
*A Blueberry Muffin notepad with stamp
*A flashlight
*A cloth baby wipe from Baby Lizzie
*2 red darts (you never know who you might need to shoot off the stand)
*A photo album from Mommy's purse with photos of the kids (which she loudly smiled, talked about and pointed at)
*A Book of Mormon (Phew!)
*A colored pencil
*Some change
*A roll of tape
*A measuring spoon from her play kitchen
I'd say she is pretty prepared but she is missing her cell phone, lip gloss, and "hanitizer" which are usually her purse staples. I guess she doesn't need those for church, though. What a gal!

3 comments:
Love this story! What a cutie!
Such a cute little girl! I love the darts. I'm impressed she could fit all of that in the bag!
My little Kennedy does the same thing! She's always prepared with her necessities!
Post a Comment