On January 18th, Joe began his second deployment in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Ironically, it is about the same exact time that he was deployed last year. He is taking care of the injured people suffering from the 7.0 earthquake that hit the city on January 12th. After a 48 hour notice, briefings, receiving orders and supplies, and trying to get some things in order before leaving, he travelled to Travis AFB where he stayed for 6 days before flying over to Haiti. After landing at the airport, he stayed there, sleeping in cots on the tarmac, eating MRE's, spraying mosquito repellant constantly, and doing triage care for the earthquake victims. About 5 days later, they sent him to the naval medical ship, Comfort. Doing 6-7 cases per day and receiving 2-3 hours of sleep, he does have the perks of hot food, hot showers, and a bed to sleep in. We wish you the best, hon, and pray for your quick and safe return!



4 comments:
Awww.... we wish all of you the best!
What a schedule Joe is keeping! I am sure he's exhausted, but I bet those Haitian folks are thankful.
Thanks to all of you for your sacrifice.
I hope it goes by quickly!
Those pics make me sad. You guys have made this sacrifice too much lately. Love you guys.
I dont know how you do it girl.
Post a Comment