Today is Clark's 11th birthday and I can't believe that my firstborn is that old already. Since it is in the middle of the week and we have something every night, he was very patient in waiting to celebrate his party after homework, scouts, a PTSO meeting, and dance. He asked for egg salad sandwiches with pineapple and chips for dinner and after we ate, the party started.
Clark was very particular this year about things he wanted--a video game, a new DS, or a Wii game, but I thought it would be better to give him things he needed and would use instead of giving him what he wanted. We were taking a risk but thought it would be fun.
Clark got camping stuff! He was going on his first overnight scout campout at the end of the month so we bought him a new sleeping bag, a pocket knife, mess kit, and a hiking backpack. He was actually really excited about everything and said that although he never would have thought to ask for those things, they were really cool and he was excited that we had thought of them.
Joe explained that he would be able to use that stuff for the next several years with all of his scout campouts.
He loved the backpack and modeled it around the house.
He practiced snuggling up in his sleeping bag but when Joe showed him how to pull the drawstring around his face to keep warm, he freaked a little bit and yelled, "I can't breathe!" We just giggled.
He also requested a red velvet cake with chocolate pudding in the middle and a plaid design on the top. His first request was plaid fondant but then decided that frosting was fine. The cake didn't turn out the way I pictured in my head (they never do and cake decorating is not one of my talents) but Clark thought it looked cool and tasted delicious so I guess I passed. I'm just glad that I have a sweet and complimentary son.
I loved these candles. They were sparklers and tricky. Clark was hyperventilating because he was blowing so hard and fast to get them blown out!
A couple of days later, Clark had a late night with a few friends. They watched a movie, played games, played the Wii, ate treats and had his favorite, chocolate-banana shakes. He had a great birthday and we have a great kid. Happy Happy Birthday, Clark!















No comments:
Post a Comment