For Labor Day weekend and to help celebrate some birthdays, my parents and sister came down for a few days. We spent Friday swimming, talking, sharing cute ideas for fun crafts and home decor, eating pizza, and watching Camp Rock 2.
Saturday morning we got up really early and headed out to the lake. It had been a long time since Grandma, Grandpa, and Stephanie had been on a boat so we were pretty excited to take them. And it was Tyler and Madi's first time so it was going to be a great day. As usual, the water and weather were perfect. And even though it was a holiday weekend, there were very few boats out there. We even found a perfect sandy beach to have our lunch, find shells, and have a mud fight. Clark and Katelyn got an early birthday gift that they opened that morning. It was a kid-sized wakeboard and Clark couldn't wait to try it out. Katelyn was generous enough to let him try it out first.
 |
| Lookin' like a pro already! |
 |
| Our friends, the Hathaways, took us out with them a few weeks ago and Mike gave me some great pointers for the wakeboard. Here I am, up and at it! |
|
|
After some wake-boarding, we pulled out the kneeboard and tube. Tyler was a little nervous to get on the tube but loved it after his ride. Steph kept asking him to try and he kept saying, "Mom, I told you No Thank You!" It was so funny. Finally he relented when Steph threw him on there with Clark and Joe. He didn't crack a smile the entire time even when Joe was dragging his legs in the water and bouncing up and down to make the ride a little more wild. Clark was surfing on it and he just stared at them with a funny look. When he was done, he did give a thumbs up and a big grin appeared on his cute little face. I guess it was fun after all.
 |
| Steph was a pro at the kneeboard even 20 years later |
|
 |
| Carlee and Madi kneeboarding |
 |
| Carlee's favorite way to ski |
Joe took Steph and I on a wild tube ride that was so much fun. We had warned him to take it easy but unfortunately you are not in control out on that tube. We were talking about how it had probably been over 20 years since we had been on the lake together. She was screaming the entire time and I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop. This made it very difficult to pull myself up on the tube after getting dumped. We caught some pretty good air a couple of times along with some great head smacks, lungs full of water with coughing and laughing at the same time, and tube burns on our elbows to prove it. Ty and Jake were very concerned that Joe was going to kill their moms (as was Grandma). When we had major headaches, swallowed half the lake, and pulled our muscles till they hurt, we called it quits. Tyler said that his mom was pretty awesome because Aunt Kris was thrown off three times and she was only thrown off twice. I think that my husband was showing a little favoritism! It was so much fun, but I am definitely going to feel it for a few days.


 |
| A perfect ending to a perfect day |
2 comments:
I'm seriously laughing so hard again! That was so much fun. Thanks for a great weekend! :)
Man, you guys have been busy!! I didn't realize all of the trips until I looked at your blog, and had to read for 30 min. just to catch up! What great summer memories, and it doesn't look like it has slowed down, what a fun family!
Post a Comment